If you have been feeling sickly for quite some time, it could be because your immune system is weak or it may be weakening. This how-to guide can help you give yourself a jump start on strengthening your immune system when you need it most!
This how-to guide will share how to nourish the body's natural immunity using simple super foods and how to support the vital organs that play important roles in our health.
Firstly, by eating a well balanced diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, grains, legumes (beans) and nuts and seeds (especially walnuts) as well as good quality protein like fish, lean meat from grass fed animals such as organic beef over grain.
Often we tend to shut down when our immune system is compromised, but sticking to a immune boosting foods, a exercise routine, and boosting your nutrient intake you can stay on top of your immune system.
Therefore, nutrients to consider when your immune system is compromised:
Vitamin C - An important antioxidant which boosts the body's resistance and acts as an anti-inflammatory, protecting against free radical damage. Vitamin C can be found in abundance in citrus fruits as well as green vegetables such as kale, spinach and broccoli. Other good sources include red peppers, tomatoes and berries.
Moreover, vitamin D - protects against infections by boosting the activity of the immune system and helps regulate cell growth. This nutrient can be found in oily fish or organic eggs but it is also present in high levels in mushrooms exposed to sunlight. Additionally, omega 3 fatty acids boost immunity due to its effect on inflammation within the body caused by different types of stressors that will lower.
You may also have some of the nutrients below in your pantry which can help immune improvement.
1. Garlic - garlic contains a compound that stimulates immune activity in the body. It helps improve white blood cell production which is responsible for fighting infection. Additionally, it contains natural antibiotics to fight off any bacteria or other harmful microbes that may cause infections within the body and strengthen your immunity against their effects.
Garlic also contains allicin, a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from foreign bodies.
2. Honey - honey contains antioxidants that help soothe sore throats, boost white blood cells activity and also fight bacteria. Furthermore, honey is rich in B vitamins which are great for boosting the immune system as they fight pathogens.
3.Green tea - this drink is rich in antiviral catechins that can prevent colds and flu's due to its antibacterial properties.
4. Ginger - not only does ginger help to boost the immune system but it is considered an amazing anti-inflammatory that can offer relief from various types of infections and pain.
5. Fruits - fruits contain vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and antioxidants that have immune strengthening effects within the body. Vitamin C in particular strengthens your immunity by fighting against viral infections and boosting white
6. Turmeric - with its powerful polyphenol Curcumin, turmeric is considered one of the best immune system herbals on the market. It has antiviral and antibacterial properties that prevent colds and flu's due to how it basically boosts your
7. Apple Cider Vinegar - apple cider vinegar improves the immune system by boosting your overall wellbeing and can help prevent against many infections.
introducing these nutrients into your immune system can improve overall immune system. in combination with exercise, healthy immune recipes great immune health is right around the corner. for complete guide and products on immune health click below.